• A nanny or au pair will offer you flexible care from the convenience of your own home
• Your children will enjoy active care with a focus on fun, play based development
• You'll enjoy help around the home with children's meals, washing and ironing
Why go through an agency?
Are you wondering why you should pay to source your nanny through KiwiOz instead of doing it yourself? Here are the top five reasons hundreds of parents choose KiwiOz every year:
1. Our consultants are experienced at sourcing high calibre, professional applicants
2. We work quickly but thoroughly keeping in close contact with you throughout the process
3. We conduct background screening including verbal references checks and police checks
4. Our interview toolkits and induction guides ensure families are well prepared to select and manage their nanny
5. We encourage a focus on play based educational development and provide our nannies with regular resources
Choosing the right nanny is one of the most important decisions you can make. With support from KiwiOz you can rest assured that you will be making a carefully informed decision for your children.
What is special about KiwiOz Childcare?
• We are a credible, established agency with offices in Sydney, Auckland and London
• We are renowned for our high calibre candidates and outstanding support to our nannies and families
• We offer top quality service at a competitive rate
To find out more about our company and why we are the industry leaders click here.
What is the difference between a nanny and an au pair?
There is a big difference between a nanny and an au pair! Nannies are experienced and/ or qualified in childcare, and will focus on the educational, social and emotional development of the children as well as the smooth running of your home.
Au pairs are unqualified applicants who often come from abroad and speak English as a second language. They usually have minimal childcare experience and should not be left in sole charge of young children.
KiwiOz specialises in recruiting high calibre nannies who are experienced, dedicated child carers.
How much will it cost?
• Daily nanny: $20-28 per hour (gross)
• Live in nanny: $11-15 per hour
If you hire your nanny for more than 30 hours per week you will also need to pay Superannuation at a rate of 9%. As with all employees nannies are eligible for statutory leave, sick pay and paid public holidays so you must factor in these costs.
To find out about our agency fees click here.
How long will it take?
Many families will find they source a nanny through KiwiOz within two weeks. However, we urge you to contact us as soon as you know you need help, as for some positions the search can take up to six weeks. If you need urgent help, we have a selection of high calibre temp nannies who can step in while you work through the process. It is not advisable to rush your search, families who do this often make the wrong hiring decision.
How does KiwiOz screen applicants?
KiwiOz screens potential candidates through preliminary phone screening, personal interview with document checks and nanny reference and police checks. Prospective applicants are carefully evaluated on their communication skills, professionalism, character, and conduct. Every candidate referred through our agency has a first aid certificate or is willing to obtain one. Police checks and reference checks are completed by the agency prior to commencement of employment.
Does KiwiOz choose my nanny for me?
No. We will offer you a selection of pre- screened applicants who have expressed an interest in your role. Should you like to interview one or more of them, we will help you to arrange and prepare for your interviews.
It is important that you conduct a thorough interview process as the final decision to hire a nanny is yours alone. The agency pre- screens all applicants however only you can decide if the nanny has the skills required to complete your unique role to a high standard.
What happens if I change my mind about the nanny I have selected?
We understand that it can take some time to get to know a new nanny and vice versa. It is important to us that the nanny you have chosen is the right person for the role. We offer an eight week trial period- during this time if the nanny you have chosen proves unsuitable we offer a free replacement search.
What are my responsibilities as an employer?
If your chosen nanny is offered a long term contract and set hours every week, the ATO will likely view you as an employer. As employees nannies are entitled to:
• Statutory leave entitlements, including paid annual leave, public holidays, sick leave
• An employment contract
• PAYE and Superannuation paid on their behalf
As the employer you are also responsible for establishing a good management relationship with your nanny. You will need to set time aside during the first week of employment to give a thorough nanny induction.
You must also allocate time each week to discuss progress with your nanny, and allow her time to bring up any concerns or problems she may be having. A good employment relationship is the benchmark of a successful placement so we do expect that families are open to feedback and communication.